Throughout this policy we will refer to “personally identifiable information,” which means information that specifically identifies a particular individual such as the individual’s name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number. Personally identifiable information does not include screen names (also known as Avatar names, usernames, or other online aliases) provided by you in the course of registering or playing our games.
Last Modified: August 17, 2016
User Provided Information
- Registration. When registering for the first time at GeoWhiz Universe LLC you will create your Personal Avatar Name (Not your real name). To save your Personal Avatar, you must create a user name and password. No personally identifiable information will be collected at this time.
- Contest Registration. Registration for contests sponsored by GeoWhiz Universe LLC will only require username and Avatar name for registration. All contest awards will be placed directly in your (the user’s) account. You will be notified via the “messages” folder in your GUNI. Refer to the specific Official Contest Rules for complete contest information.
Information Collected Through Technology
- IP Address. When you come to our site, we may collect your IP address. Provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your IP address is associated with the access point where you enter the Internet, and is not personally identifiable.
- Cookies and Web Beacons. When you visit our website, we may send what is called cookies (a small text file) to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We use these cookies to help learn more about your preferences and therefore make the most of your experience on our site. These cookies are not tied to any personally identifiable information.
Uses of Collected Information
If you submit personally identifiable information to us via email through the Website, you agree to us using your personal information in connection with the operation, and maintenance of the Website and our marketing purposes as it helps us identify the programs that are most relevant to your needs.
Contest Winner Notification – We will send notification of contest awards you have received via your Avatar’s messages folder in your GUNI.
We use certain non-personally identifiable information to improve the quality, design, and content of our Website and to create new content by storing, tracking, and analyzing where you go on our site and what you do when you get there.
We also use computer generated information to remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website, provide custom personalized content and information, and track your entries and submissions.
Disclosure of Collected Information.
We may share non-personally identifiable information with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on our site.
We may release personally identifiable and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable laws.
Any content you re-distribute (Avatar Postcards) may be redistributed through the Internet and may be viewed by the general public.
Policies Specific to Children Under 13
In compliance with COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we have adopted the following policies to help keep kids safe:
- All collection of personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 requires Verifiable Parental Consent. Currently GeoWhiz Universe LLC will not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
- There are times when we collect limited information from children under 13. Here are our exceptions to Verifiable Parental Consent:
- Collecting a child’s contact information solely to directly respond to the child’s request on a one-time basis. We will not use that information to re-contact the child for any other purpose and will purge the information from our system after responding.
- Collecting a child’s contact information and the contact information of his/her parent or guardian solely to directly respond more than once to a specific request from the child. In this instance the parent or guardian will be notified that the child made the request and be informed of the information provided by the child. The parent or guardian will have the opportunity to revoke the child’s request.
- Our chat rooms use pre-determined and selectable postings so that children under the age of 13 will not be able to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information.
- Information collected from a child under the age of 13 that is collected from an email submission, help inquiry, or other one-time request will be automatically purged within 1 business day after the issue has been resolved.
- We will do our best to ensure that any direct link to a website is suitable for children under the age of 13.
- We will advise children under the age of 13 that they must obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing ANY personal information.
- Upon request, GeoWhiz Universe LLC will provide a parent or guardian with a description of the information that may have been provided from their child during a communication initiated by the child about this site. Parents or Guardians who request this information will be required to verify they are the child’s parent or guardian before that information is released.
- Parents or guardians, who are verified, may elect to disallow their child’s use of the GeoWhiz Universe LLC site and to have their child’s username and avatar information deleted. Parent may send their request to email@example.com.
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
From time to time we may allow third-party ad servers or ad networks to publish advertisements within our site. These third-party ad providers may use technology to send, directly to your browser, advertisements and links that appear on the Website. They may collect non-personally identifiable information that allows them to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalize the advertising content you see.
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Website via secure third party payment gateway sites and you do so entirely at your own risk. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical technical or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will attempt to notify you via e-mail so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs.
Special Note to Users Outside the United States
Our website may be simultaneously hosted in various parts of the world but the use of the Website is governed by the laws of the United States of America and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the United States of America Courts.
Merger, Acquisition, Sale, or Insolvency
GeoWhiz Universe LLC
3408 Black Canyon Drive
Plano, TX 75058
Please be assured that any personal information that you provide in communications to the above e-mail and postal addresses will not be used to send you promotional materials, unless you request them.